Responsible Service Of Alcohol



This course covers the skills and knowledge required to responsibly sell or serve alcohol and to satisfy the requirements for responsible service of alcohol (RSA) under NSW legislation.

Anyone who is interested in the hospitality industry should complete this course to broaden employment opportunities.

Course Details

    • Cost:
    • $106 ( usually $160 – save 40% )
    • Pre-requisites:
    • None
    • UNIT CODE:
    • SITHFAB002
    • ValidITY:
    • New South Wales for 5 years.
    • Date & Time:
    • monday 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
    • wednesday 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
    • friday 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
    • Qualification:
    • Competency Card

Why Do You Need An RSA

The RSA course is required for people working in an environment where alcohol is sold or served. Including:

  • Bar staff
  • Cafe staff
  • Bottle shop attendants
  • Licensees
  • Managers
  • Security Officers
  • Event staff
  • Function staff
  • Cruise ship staff

Government Requirements

For any establishment that sells or serves alcohol in NSW, it is a government requirement for their staff to have completed a Liquor and Gaming NSW approved RSA course.

Once you have competed your RSA course, it will be valid for 5 years and will require a refresh after this period.

USI (Unique Student Identifier) Requirement

All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2018 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).

What is a USI?

The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that:

  • creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you undertake recognised training with
  • will give you access to your training records and transcripts
  • can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
  • is free and easy to create and
  • stays with you for life

Where do I go to create my USI Number?

For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site here.


  • Liquor and Gaming NSW interim RSA certificate – valid for 90 days after which your Competency Card must be used
  • Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol
  • An RSA Competency Card

Course Content

During this course, you will learn how to sell and serve alcohol in a responsible fashion. The course will include information about:

  • Legal requirements related to venues, minors and signage
  • Assisting customers to drink within the appropriate limits
  • How to react to alcohol affected customers and identify those whose service should be refused


Throughout the course there will be small role-play activities and a written knowledge test.

Prior Knowledge

No prior knowledge is required

Payment and Cancellation Policies

  • All transactions are processed in Australia Dollars.
  • We are unable to refund monies for students who do not turn up for classes or decide at a later date after booking that they do not want to attend. Changes to class times are allowed, but not within 48 hours of the class commencing.


Located in the heart of Bondi Junction, we are less than 2 minutes from the nearest bus and train stops!

Address: Ground Level, 332-342 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction 2022

Train station: Bondi Junction

Buses: 352/355/380/389/440/M40

Students must bring one form of original photo ID on the day of the course (Passport, Drivers License or Proof of Age Card).

You can pay for the course online by credit/debit card – our site is highly secure. Over the phone by credit/debit card. Or come into our Bondi office!

You can bring a friend along to the course at an additional charge or book an interpreter through the National Translation service.

Unfortunately, due to limited spots in our classes, we cannot provide refunds. If you need to re-schedule, see our Terms and Conditions.

No, as it stands only an NSW RSA is recognised in NSW.

Yes! You can once you have received your interim certificate. However, if you work in the Kings Cross precinct you need to have an RSA Competency Card before you can serve alcohol.

Ready to get started?

Book Online