HLTAID003 Provide First Aid. This is a current government approved course and a First Aid course that employers in Australia look for.
Get the latest training in First Aid and manage an emergency with confidence. CPR training course is also available in our training centre.
- UNIT CODE:
- 3 years
- Date & Time:
- monday 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
- friday 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
- sunday 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- Delivery Method:
- Face to face
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, include community and workplace settings.
HLTAID001Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation certificate, valid for 1 year and
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid certificate, valid for 3 years.
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Infection control procedures
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- Administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- Assessing and moving sick & injured
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Managing shock
- and much, much more!
Assessment will confirm knowledge and skills have been achieved to demonstrate competency across the unit.
Students are offered multiple opportunities to demonstrate knowledge and skills throughout the course.
If a student is not successful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the course at the full course fee.
There will be:
4 hours of unsupervised pre-course work prior to attending.
5.5 hours classroom assessment plus break will be conducted using a range of methods including:
- written theory questions
- case study scenarios
- practical skills demonstration
Assessment will be in accordance with the Principles of Assessment and the Rules of Evidence.
The unit requires a level of physical ability to complete practical assessments. If the participant’s health or fitness restricts him or her from performing physical activities associated with this program, they will be able to participate but may not be eligible for a nationally accredited certificate.
Participants also require language, literacy and numeracy that are essential to performance, including:
- Oral communication – in order to make an accurate verbal report to supervisor and emergency response services
- Written communication – in order to complete a written incident report in line with operational requirements of the business
Participants who indicate that they may not have the required LLN skills will be invited to complete an LLN test prior to entry to the course. Participants who do not meet the required LLN skills will be referred to an English language service convenient to them.
USI (Unique Student Identifier)
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2015 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
What is a USI?
The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you undertake recognised training with
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts
- can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create and
- stays with you for life
Where do I go to create my USI Number?
For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site here. https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
Located in the heart of Bondi Junction, we are less than 2 minutes from the nearest bus and train stops!
Address: Ground Level, 332-342 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction 2022
Train station: Bondi Junction
Students must bring one form of original photo ID on the day of the course (Passport, Drivers license or Proof of Age Card).
You can pay for the course online by credit/debit card – our site is highly secure. Over the phone by credit/debit card. Or come into our Bondi office!
You are not legally required to do the CPR course each year. It is recommended, by the Australian Resuscitation Council. By taking the course every year, you will be able to demonstrate your resuscitation skills on a regular basis. Depending on which industry you work in, you may be required to take an annual CPR refresher course in order to comply with industry regulations or licensing requirements.