People who want to work in the construction industry, white card course is mandatory health and safety legal requirement
Bondi Training Centre has been approved by SafeWork NSW and is also accredited by Australian Skills and Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver this training course.
- $109 (include white card fee)
- UNIT CODE:
- Date & Time:
- wednesday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- saturday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The unit requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others. It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
This unit meets the general construction induction training requirements of:
- Part 1.1 Definitions and Part 6.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety Regulations;
- Division 11 of Part 3 of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 for Western Australia; and
- Division 3 of Part 5.1 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007 for Victoria.
It is expected that site-specific induction training will be conducted prior to conducting construction work.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit. Relevant work health and safety state and territory regulatory authorities should be consulted to confirm jurisdictional requirements.
- SOT (Statement of Training) valid for 60 days.
- White Card will be posted to the participates address by SafeWork NSW
Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work
Identify construction hazards and risk control measures
Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes
Identify incident and emergency response procedures
6 Hours classroom assessment plus break will be conducted using a range of methods including:
- written theory test
- case study scenarios
- Role play activities
Assessment will be in accordance with the Principles of Assessment and the Rules of Evidence.
Participants are offered multiple opportunities to demonstrate knowledge and skills throughout the course.
If a participant is not successful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the course at the full course fee.
White Card course is licenced through SafeWork NSW and we must deliver the program as per their requirements which include:
All participants must have 100 points of ID on the day of training. Please refer
ENTRY TO THE COURSE WILL BE REFUSED if participants do not provide 100 points of I.D.
USI (UNIQUE STUDENT IDENTIFIER)
All students doing nationally recognised training from January 1, 2015 need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
What is a USI?
The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you undertake recognised training with
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts
- can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create and
- stays with you for life
Where do I go to create my USI Number?
For more details and to create a USI go to the Government USI site here. https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
A person must be at least 14 years of age to participate in the training.
This card does not expire, however if you have not worked on a construction for 2 years or more, SafeWork NSW recommends attending a course to update your skills and knowledge.